Mohawk & Malone Railway - SOLDInv# RS5408 Stock
State(s): New York
Printer-L.W. Lawrence, NY. Only 68 Certificates issued. Dr. William Seward Webb's Mohawk and Malone Railway crossed the northern Adirondacks at Tupper Lake Junction, just north of Tupper Lake. Webb was president of the Wagner Palace Car Company. He began by purchasing the narrow gauge Herkimer, Newport and Poland Railroad, which ran 16 miles from Herkimer to Poland, converting its trackage to standard gauge and straightening it to avoid multiple crossings of the West Canada Creek. He then had track built from Tupper Lake to Moira and thence to Montreal. This was called variously the Adirondack and St. Lawrence Railroad and the Mohawk and Malone. After 1893, it was controlled by the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad. It opened in 1892 from Malone Junction to Childwold Station with a branch from Lake Clear Junction to Saranac Lake. SOLD
Condition: Very Good
Item ordered may not be exact piece shown. All original and authentic.